SO AS YOU MAY KNOW BY NOW (IF YOU HAVE READ A MAJORITY OF MY ARTICLES) I LIKE TO TAKE MULTI-STEP PROCESSES / FORMULAS AND SIMPLIFY THEM. I MEAN WHO WOULDN’T WANT IT TO BE EASIER TO GET WHAT YOU WANT?!
SO ACCORDING TO THE SOURCE AT THE TOP OF THE PAGE THERE IS THIS PROCESS WE CAN GO THROUGH (VARIES BY SEX). I SIMPLIFIED THEM FOR YOU BY MAKING FORMULAS FOR THE LEAN BODY WEIGHT, FAT TISSUE WEIGHT, TOTAL BODY WEIGHT, AND BODY FAT PERCENTAGE (WITH AID FROM THE OTHER FORMULAS I MADE) A PERSON HAS (ACCORDING TO THEIR SEX).
FIRST HERE ARE THE VARIABLE AND THEIR MEANINGS THAT ARE USED IN THE FORMULAS:
- W1-TOTAL BODY WEIGHT IN LB.’S
- F1-FAT TISSUE WEIGHT IN LB.’S
- L-LEAN BODY WEIGHT IN LB.’S
- H-HIP MEASUREMENT IN INCHES
- F2-FOREARM MEASUREMENT IN INCHES
- W2-WRIST MEASUREMENT IN INCHES
- W3-WAIST MEASUREMENT IN INCHES
- P-BODY FAT PERCENTAGE
SIMPLIFIED WOMAN’S LEAN BODYWEIGHT:
L=[1,410.959 + 114.924W1 – 24.649W3 + 50W2 – 39.093H + 68.138F2] / 
SIMPLIFIED MAN’S LEAN BODY WEIGHT:
L=[541W1 – 2,075W3 + 47,210] / 
THEREFORE USING THE FORMULAS ABOVE AND THE FACT THAT BODY FAT PERCENTAGE IS SCIENTIFICALLY EXPLAINED THROUGH THIS FORMULA:
P=(100[W1 – L]) / (W1)
WE CAN COME TO THE CONCLUSION OF THE BODY FAT PERCENTAGE FORMULAS (ACCORDING TO THE SPECIFIED SEX); WHICH ARE:
MALE BODY FAT PERCENTAGE FORMULA:
P=[(415W3 – 9442) / (W1)] – 8.2
FEMALE BODY FAT PERCENTAGE FORMULA:
P=[– 141,095.9 + 4207.6W1 + 2,464.9W3 – 5,000W2 + 3,909.3H – 6,813.8F2] / [157W1]
IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHAT THE ORIGINAL PROCEDURE WAS THIS IS IT WORD FOR WORD:
Before you use the formulas, there are two measurements that are required:
Measurement 1: Bodyweight
Measurement 2: Waist Girth (measured at the umbilicus)
1) Multiply your bodyweight by 1.082. Add the result to 94.42. Once your calculation is complete, save the number. à (Bodyweight x 1.082) + 94.42=Result 1
2) Multiply your waist girth by 4.15. Once you get this result, subtract it from the number obtained in step 1 (ie: Step 1 result-Step 2 result). The result obtained after the subtraction is done is your lean bodyweight (your weight if you had no fat in your body at all). à Result 1 – (Waist Girth x 4.15)= Lean Body Weight
3) Finally, subtract your lean bodyweight from your total bodyweight (Total weight-Lean Bodyweight). Once you get the result, multiply that number by 100. Once you get the result divide it by your total bodyweight. This final result is your percentage of body fat. à ((Total Bodyweight – Lean Bodyweight) x 100) divided by (Your Body Weight) = Your Percentage of Body Fat.
Before you use the formulas, there are five measurements that are required (not fair, I know):
Measurement 1: Bodyweight.
Measurement 2: Wrist Circumference (measured at the widest point).
Measurement 3: Waist Circumference (measured at your umbilicus).
Measurement 4: Hip Circumference (measured at the widest point).
Measurement 5: Forearm Circumference (measured at the widest point).
1) Multiply your bodyweight by 0.732. à Bodyweight x .0732 = Result 1.
2) Add the result above to 8.987. à Result 1 + 8.987= Result 2.
3) Divide your wrist circumference by 3.14. à Wrist divided by 3.14 = Result 3.
4) Multiply your waist measurement by 0.157. à Waist x 0.157 = Result 4.
5) Multiply your hip measurement by 0.249. à Hip x 0.249 = Result 5.
6) Multiply your forearm measurement by 0.434. à Forearm x 0.434 = Result 6.
7) Add results 2 & 3. à Result 2 + Result 3 = Result 7.
8) Subtract Result 4 from Result 7. à Result 7 – Result 4 = Result 8.
9) Subtract Result 5 from Result 8. à Result 8 – Result 5 = Result 9.
10) Add Result 6 and Result 9. The result is your lean body mass (your fat free weight) à Result 6 + Result 9 = Lean Body Mass.
11) Subtract your lean body mass from your bodyweight. Once you get the result, multiply that number by 100. Once you get this result, divide it by your bodyweight. à ((Bodyweight-Lean Body Mass) x 100) divided by your bodyweight.
MORE FORMULAS TO HELP YOUR UNDERSTANDING:
- W1 = F1 + L = [(P)(W1)] /  + L = [(P)(W1)] /  + [W1(100 – P)] / 
- P = 100 [F1 / W1] = [100(W1 – L)] / [W1]
- F1 = [(P)(W1)] /  = W1 – L
- L = [W1(100 – P)] /  = W1 – F1